Archive for the ‘Community’ Category

When to Refinance From an Adjustable-Rate to a Fixed-Rate Mortgage

Posted by on July 12th, 2016 in Community

Unlike diamonds, mortgages are not forever. The ultimate goal is to pay them off and own your home free of encumbrances. But there are many good reasons to trade in your original mortgage for a new one along the way. One of the most common reasons to refinance is to move from an adjustable-rate mortgage, […]

Read More

Fall Financial Reminders

Posted by on November 10th, 2015 in Community

Here are some important things to note as the year comes to a close.  Provided by: Ariel Monsivais, Jr., CFP®, Financial Advisor Abri Advisors located at Abri Credit Union  As every calendar year ends, the window slowly closes on some notable financial deadlines and opportunities. Here are several to keep in mind before 2016 arrives. […]

Read More

Avoid Common Travel Scams Abroad

Posted by on June 26th, 2015 in Articles

Avoid Travel Scams by Being Informed, Alert Vacations abroad provide a way to discover new places and explore interesting cultures. But they can also expose tourists to some nasty frauds. Here are some of the most common travel scams, and how to protect yourself from them.   Travel and currency An official-looking individual says he’s […]

Read More

Some Interesting Facts About 529 College Plans…

Posted by on February 4th, 2013 in Community

As we prepare to send my first child off to college, I curse myself for not putting more aside in the 529 plan and I’ll admit I’m a little foggy on how it works. So when I saw this great article from our friends at IMN News Inc. about 529 plans I immediately gravitated to it and thought it was worth sharing.

Read More